Search This Blog

25 May 2009

Time To Pray


Well it's been two games now since I last wrote. After the disappointment of the Portsmouth game and knowing we were to travel to Liverpool, I felt there was nothing much I could say that hadn't already been said.
Joey Barton's antics at Liverpool were not what we needed in a relegation battle more like cool heads and lots of passion. I have always stood up for JB but that was a silly challenge and it didn't help on the day. However what followed in the dressing room at Anfield will, I believe, help muster some courage from our weary footballers. Frustrations were aired and negative feeling set loose and left at Anfield, well hopefully they were. If we can now go into the Boro game and get an early goal it could set us on our way.
Fulham have always proved a challenge to Newcastle Utd so we must win our next home game and of course hope Blackburn, Hull and the Mackems get beat. that happens and it's all in our hands.
We will travel to Villa Park on the last game of the season needing something I imagine and I believe we can and will do it; I really think we can go to Villa and win.
We went one nil up last year in the glorious sunshine but that day Villa put 4 past us after we went ahead and we lost 4-1.
The remaining fixtures are there for the taking and once again we ,the Toon Army, have got to be right behind the players and make St James's a cauldron.

No comments:

Post a Comment