Search This Blog

31 May 2009

Ashley cuts Losses


Mike Ashley Has spoken to the Sunday Times and has admitted defeat.

He claims to have put the club up for sale for £100m. Ashley also says



"It has been catastrophic for everybody. I’ve lost my money and I’ve made terrible decisions. Now I want to sell it as soon as I can . . . advisers will be appointed shortly"



Catastrophic for who? Ashley because he lost money or the fans who lost our club for the last 2 years and now find ourselves in the championship with no manager and a very uncertain future.



When asked about failures and regrets Ashley added



“Of course I regret it. I never said I was an expert in football clubs. I was just a fan – although a very wealthy fan. But I’m not so wealthy now. I put my money into it and I tried my best. But I accept my best was woefully short. I am genuinely sorry for everybody about what has happened.”



On Kinnear

“I personally thought Joe put the club back on the right track. He took it from second bottom to 13th but things went against him,”



I hope we can find a buyer very soon and get on with building a new club asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment