Search This Blog

17 Dec 2010

Newcastle v Liverpool, Ashley, Llambias and Pardew


Before last Saturday's clash with Liverpool, the Toon army seemed determined to show Ashley and co what they thought of him and his latest decision to sack the man who united and stabilised the club for the first time in over a decade. The "protest" had been given plenty of media attention and with a promise of cameras being there, it was a fine opportunity for the Toon Army to give Ashley the middle finger and let him know what he should already know. What actually transpired was a small gathering of about two hundred young lads with a few older Geordies outside the main entrance to the Milburn stand who came up with some half-hearted and short lived protest songs and even some happy birthday songs for Hughton. The protest was weak and would not have been heard by the fat cats sat in the directors fat seats especially as people were walking round with NUFC club shop bags, i.e. the boycott of all merchandise was not being observed as wished for by the most ardent fans.

As the game approached, the fans removed their peaceful protest and sulked off to their season ticket seats to witness a pretty dull first half with outbreaks of "We want Ashley out" in small pockets around the ground. Pardew was lucky to escape the abuse despite being another Mafia boy and it was only Ashley who came under the cosh from the Geordies who gorged themselves on his beer before the game and at half time. Pardew will however not be able to hide from the baying Geordie public for too long as results like this will not be forthcoming every week. He is doomed to fail just like all his other clubs. He will however come out of this job with a pocket full of money and a headache. We got the first goal before half time and not long after the interval, Liverpool grabbed one back. However, it was two late goals from Barton and Carroll that swept the Geordies off their feet into no man's land as they did not know whether to laugh or cry. It surely took the edge off any real demonstrations about Ashley and co as the majority seemed happy to go along with his desicions as long as were winning. The fact is it won't be long till Pardew is a Souness, Allardyce, JFK etc. At this point, will the Geordies turn on Pardew or will they get behind him for the sake of the team? Should we get behind Ashley for the sake of the team? Is Ashley wrong for getting rid of Hughton? If he is, then you can't support his people or his decisions or at least I can't I and I didn't. I called for all heads to roll and I walked out before half time vowing never to return until Ashley, Llameass and Pardew are out of our once great club. Its only going to get worse with these clowns in charge and I would not forgive myself for ever getting behind them just like JFK. I remember the 1-1 draw at Everton the season we went down, people were actually singing his F..... name. Well, it wasn't me and I won't be singing Pardew's now or ever. If you're going to get behind the team and Pardew why stop there? You may as well get behind the owner as it's all his doing. F..k Pardew is what I say and his buddies and if any of them are reading this then I hope they take heed and piss off ASAP.

F..k Pardew is what I say and his buddies and if any of them are reading this then I hope they take heed and piss off ASAP

Before you write me off as a Newcastle United fan, I have a thing or two to say. I have, like every other Newcastle fan, been through some good times under Keegan but mainly it's been mediocre or depressing. I've seen us go down from the top division/league twice and struggle in the lower reaches of 2nd tier of football but my support has never wavered. I have always been a proud Geordie and stood behind our club through thick and thin and under Ashley it's been no exception. Every man has his breaking point though and it seems I have reached mine. I will no longer put money into the club by buying NUFC related gear or go to the games, home or away. This is a shame because nothing will ever stop me from supporting Newcastle United. Nothing ever could; non-league football could not do that. I am in a corner now as I want Pardew out desperately but hate seeing my team lose and slip down the table but I believe it's inevitable either way with Ashley at the helm. So as much as it pains me, Saturdays are going to tough, tougher than when we had Allardyce or Souness. I will grin and bear it until we ride the storm and hopefully it won't be too long till Ashley sells and puts all the players and Geordies around the world out of their miseries.

The players deserve a mention too as they are caught in the middle of this and although they have come out in support of Hughton, they have also got on with the football. As a player it's their job but it would have been easy for them to turn around and want out especially with this soap opera. We need to keep our local heros like Carroll, Barton and Enrique (they are all Geordies). How hard is it for them to stay at a club like ours? They deserve credit for standing up and getting on with it and I applaud them for that. I sincerely hope the majority will still be there when Ashley sells up.

We won the game 3-1 and moved into 8th, papering over the massive cracks at St James' Park. If you have not guessed already my song goes like this : "I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out I want Pardew out, I want Pardew out"

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's intense and a big commitment to the cause - especially knowing how big a fan you are! What do you think of talk of some Qatari investors buying NUFC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything is better than that fat git although we have to be carefull who buys the club. Qatar is not ideal but then beggers cant be choosers.

    ReplyDelete