Search This Blog

2 Feb 2010

Best for the Toon


Leon Best joined United a couple of ours before the transfer window closed on Monday evening.
We have picked him up for around £2m for 3 & a half years. Viewed by Houghton as a player with the ability to play at the top level along with all the rest of His winter signings.
But Best comes with a mixed reputation.

What he said:-"I'm definitely coming here in what has been my best season yet. I've been injury free and have played almost every game. I've also got 10 goals now and have had a couple of good little runs where I've scored in successive games."
"This is a huge chance for me to show what I can do in a top team. I feel like I'm in good form and feel confident that I'll be able to score more goals with these players around me."

"I didn't have to think about it (the move), it was unbelievable. It's a dream come true to play for this football club and I'm so excited - over excited really"

"World beater to carpet beater"


What they said (coventry fan)when asked Is Leon Best any good? ...

"yeah but no but yeah but no!!!
World beater to carpet beater on a match by match basis. Will probably end up proving us all wrong like Bothroyd at Cardiff!!
A bit lazy but has a lot of ability and is still young. Don't know what you paid for him but as he was near the end of his contract you probably got him at a bargain price cos we need the money!! It was a gamble worth taking if it was less than 1.5 million in today's market"


So the next few weeks should prove interesting watching how Best copes with a big club but I am not sure about his "top team" comments.


Coventry City fans are unhappy at loosing Best as he has not been replaced but Van Aanholt leaving the club has genuinely upset Coventry fans as they rate him highly. Its a good job we got him in as Enrique has a hamstring injury now and will be out for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment